Slideshow Pics from MTC in Sao Paulo & in Bauru, Brazil

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jan. 20th, 2010

Hey everyone! So just let it be known that this last week was probably the best of my mission so far! Sooo much happened and this email is gonna be soo condensed, and i´m sorry for that!
Well, it´s weird talking about my last week when its Wednesday right now, not really used to pday on this day. Well, this last week i went on 2 different 24 hr splits. Mon-Tues with Elder Villela, a brazilian missionary. We stayed in my area this time, so i was the senior companion, which forced me to do most the talking and introducing and stuff. Since i was senior comp, i got to set the pace and we WORKED! HaHa. It was an awesome day, taught some great lessons and my language got alot better! The other day was Friday-Saturday, in my area again, but this time with an american comp that only has 7 months on his mission. So together we don´t even have a year. I was senior comp again and again we worked super hard! i loved this split the most because although my comp was american, we still spoke port the whole day and everything. We taught several good lessons and it was simply amazing. I led on everything and my portugues actually felt comfortable. I´m almost at the same level has him, (elder pumphrey) and i still have 2 transfers to get to the time he has on his mission, so that made me feel good about my progress. Well, i have to share one story about a lesson we taught. So, we taught the Plan of Salvation to some progressing investigators that we have in my area, and we don´t teach this lesson alot, and pumphrey had only taught it once before, so we aren´t super familiar with it. Well, the names of the girls are lana 15, aline 20, and their mom solange 45ish. So we started teaching, had somewhat of an idea of who taught what part but that all changed once we started teaching. so seriously, we just started teaching parts, and it went perfectly! They understood everything and we were able to answer any questions they had, and during my parts i was speaking like fluent! I dont even remember alot of the words i said. I probably dont even know alot of the words i said, i´ve just like heard them before! it was truly amazing and it was the biggest experience of teaching with the spirit i have ever had! After the lesson we were both just like, "What was that?!!!, Was that us?" Oh my, it was soo cool.
Well, i´m runnin out of time. So, here´s the news. My comp got transferred, so i´m staying in bauru! which is cool cuz i really have grown to love this place and all the members and investigators. I get my new companion today. His name is Elder Hair. He´s american and i think he has about a year on the mish. I´m super stoked and ready for this transfer! We are gonna own it, I can just feel it. This last transfer was really strange, but good. My first transfer was really difficult and we never even baptized, but my second we baptized 4 times! Although my comp and I got in some arguments, the last being on new years eve, all of 2010 was good with him! We even are somewhat i would call friends. lol, God blesses! ;) I think the fact that we both kinda had a feeling that one of us was gonna be leaving this transfer kinda helped us get along. win win. Well lets see, other news...
not too sure, cant think of anything at the moment, oh, for Nathan, I will talk about food in this email real quick! I finally started using the blender in our house this last week and have been makin smoothies every single day! They are soo good and are kinda my new favorite breakfast. I buy yogurt in sack form here, usually like 1000 ml, then fruits, mangos, bananas, apples and also oats. Then iI mix them altogether in the blender with ice and make a jubilee of joy for my stomach! I think its alot healthier than just cereal in the morning. My fav soo far is 300ml of strawberry yogurt, one mango, one banana, and about half a cup of oats with about 8 ice cubes. Try it!
Well guys, I love ya all soo much, keep praying for me, but pray for those people in Haiti tambem! boa semana para todas! te amo:)

No comments:

Post a Comment